Welcome back Brother Knights. I hope you and your families enjoyed a safe summer.
The council executive is in the process of preparing a plan for this Columbian year. The theme for this year is Family. Our order is a family fraternal organization and to reinforce this we would like to increase family involvement in our activities.Collectively we need to establish:
- What does success look like (how many events, what is a reasonable turnout…)?
- Can we shape some of our existing commitments to be more family friendly (pancake breakfasts, senior’s social, and parish pasta dinner)? By family friendly I mean inclusion of children / grand children (either activities or baby sitting), spouse and extended family in a formal way. To date many brother knights have their spouses and children help out at our functions however; I would like to encourage more of this by planning for it.
- What family specific events can we add to engage our families better?
To that end I ask that you, brother knights, assist your executive in planning by:
- generating ideas
- volunteer for Family Directorship
- volunteering for chairman and support positions of Family Programs
- bringing your family (including extended family) to Knight events
I am emphasizing family involvement in our activities. We have brother Knights who do this now and I look to them to show leadership in showing us how to share our lives as Knights of Columbus more meaningfully with our families.
See you at the general meeting Tuesday, September 8 at 7:30
God bless,Steve Hughes